What is 3 Rider Arena Sorting?
Three riders wait at one end of the arena and 10 numbered cows at the other end. Between them is a partial gate and imaginary line that triggers a timing clock. At the sound of the horn, a number is announced and the riders move the cow with that number across the timing line and then do the same for each subsequent cow in numerical order. If a cow with the wrong number crosses the line out of order or a cow that was moved across the line successfully then goes back across the line to be with the herd, the run is disqualified and no score is earned. The clock runs for 60 seconds and ends when the horn sounds again. The cattle that are successfully sorted become the score for that run. It's a fun and fast paced event, and you never know what a cow will do to get away from the riders. Successful runs are a result of skill, but also of luck and the responsiveness of the cattle.
Riders showing great teamwork!
Three Rider Arena Sorting
All levels welcome!
Saturday, Feb 5 - CANCELED
Saturday May 7 - CANCELED
2022 Summer Series
Arena Sorting Competition
June 4 - CANCELED
July 2 - CANCELED
Aug 6 - PENDING
Sept 3 - PENDING
Also Jackpot Class!
All random draw teams
All experience and age levels
Sorting Series: $40 for 5 runs
Daily Award to top rider in each division
Beat the Clock (50 seconds) $5 for the day
Jackpot/Drawpot: $25 per rider per team, max 3 teams
Beat the Clock (40 seconds) $10 for the day
Jackpot Sign ups from 7:30 to 8:15AM
Jackpot Sorting starts at 9:00AM
Sorting Series Sign ups from 9 to 9:30AM
Sorting Series Sorting will start immediately following Jackpot
1. Jackpot sign-ups in the office from 7:30am to 8:15am.
2. The day starts at 9am with the jackpot when the cattle are the freshest.
3. The price is $25 per draw/run (all random draw). You may ride on up to 3 teams.
4. Beginners can watch and learn from the more experienced riders.
5. Beat the Clock is $10/day and the pot can only be won once in a day. The payout will go to the fastest team with 10 head under the 40 seconds for the day.
SPRING SORTING SERIES
1. Sorting Series sign-ups in the office from 9 to 9:30am.
2. Sorting Series starts immediately following the jackpot.
3. The price is $40 for 5 draws/runs (all random draw). If the teams are uneven when doing the draw, other riders can fill in. (Fill in rides do not count for points)
4. We will announce team numbers continuously so that the participants will know when their next team is coming up.
5. The Beginner teams will be interspersed between the Intermediate/Advanced #1/#2 teams.
6. Beat the Clock is $5/day and the pot can only be won once in a day. The payout will go to the fastest team with 10 head under the 50 seconds for the day.
Lunch will always be at Noon.
Whatever is happening, we will stop and break for lunch.
Lunch possibly available for purchase, must order at sign up
Payment by cash or check only, no credit/debit cards
Cattle provided by JR Productions
If you have questions about arena sorting
Call Alesia (951) 318-0866
Come join the fun!
**UNDER 18 MUST WEAR HELMET**
The Buckle Series "Beat the Clock" (sort all 10 cows in UNDER 50 seconds) Pot was won by Sally, Sandra, and Karisma at the September 2019 event! Wow what a great day and Congratulations to all!! The Jackpot "Beat the Clock" Pot is still at $1200!
Come on down and try to win it!
Congratulations to Jim, Brad and Sherry, winners of the Jackpot Beat the Clock Pot for sorting all 10 cows in UNDER 40 seconds! WAY TO GO!